Europe’s cloud market is dominated by Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Windows Azure, and Rackspace. So the same providers that serve the rest of the world. Each of these global providers has a local presence in Europe and all have made efforts to satisfy European-specific concerns with respect to privacy and data protection. Nevertheless, a growing number of local providers are developing cloud computing offerings in the European market. For GigaOM Research, Paul Miller and I explore in more detail the importance of having these local entrants and asks whether Europe’s growing concern with U.S. dominance in the cloud is a real driver for change. The goal is to discover whether there is a single European cloud market these companies can address or whether there are several different markets.
Key highlights from the report
- European concern about the dominance of U.S. cloud providers
- Rationale for developing cloud solutions within Europe
- The value of transnational cloud infrastructure
- The value of local or regional cloud infrastructure
- A representative sample of Europe’s native cloud providers
European cloud providers covered in the report
- City Cloud
Get the report
To read the full report go to „The state of Europe’s homegrown cloud market„.