Titel: Cloud Application Architectures: Building Applications and Infrastructure in the Cloud
Autor: George Reese
„If you’re involved in planning IT infrastructure as a network or system architect, system administrator, or developer, this book will help you adapt your skills to work with these highly scalable, highly redundant infrastructure services.
While analysts hotly debate the advantages and risks of cloud computing, IT staff and programmers are left to determine whether and how to put their applications into these virtualized services. Cloud Application Architectures provides answers — and critical guidance — on issues of cost, availability, performance, scaling, privacy, and security.
With Cloud Application Architectures, you will:
– Understand the differences between traditional deployment and cloud computing
– Determine whether moving existing applications to the cloud makes technical and business sense
– Analyze and compare the long-term costs of cloud services, traditional hosting, and owning dedicated servers
– Learn how to build a transactional web application for the cloud or migrate one to it
– Understand how the cloud helps you better prepare for disaster recovery
– Change your perspective on application scaling
– To provide realistic examples of the book’s principles in action, the author delves into some of the choices and operations available on Amazon Web Services, and includes high-level summaries of several of the other services available on the market today.
Cloud Application Architectures provides best practices that apply to every available cloud service. Learn how to make the transition to the cloud and prepare your web applications to succeed.“